Sunday 9 November 2014

4 Easy ways to make your skin happy!

Let’s be comfortable in our skin and not worry about makeup!!
Yeah… wouldn't this be a perfect world then? I can hear you guys thinking – “Are you for real!”

Ok Ok I know it’s so difficult to have perfect skin, I’m sitting here writing this with a pimples and blemishes all over my face L  but hear me out? (Or read I guess…)

What if I told you I can tell you some super easy ways that can seriously help your skin looking perfect? I know we are never going to have perfect skin but trust me these face masks that I will tell you about work like magic! (Slow magic… does take some time OK?)

Well, being an Indian all the mom’s and aunties and sisters and every female member of the family has a ‘home cure’ for every problem (my Indian pals! You know what I’m talking about right?) Trust me, like literally everything – from acne to world hunger issues! (Jokes!)
But yeah, when my face started breaking out my mom probably started freaking out more than me and she would tell me to eat some weird Indian medicine or put something on my face! Obviously I was a little (actually a LOT) skeptical about trying them. At first I did it just to get my mom off my back but within a few weeks I started noticing so much change on my face, it was unbelievable!

By that time I had tried so many face washes, creams, peels etc. and nothing had given me such results! I've been all about ‘organic’ or ‘natural’ you know? Trying to use good natural products – so why not go straight to the source and try them? so here we go…

Turmeric/Besan Face Mask – this one is my absolute fav. I swear by this one 101%. Give this mask a try once and then you tell me about it – I have no doubts you guys will love it!
           What you will need: Turmeric, Besan (Gram flour) and milk or yogurt.

*Note*: I cannot stress enough about these – please make sure you get pure turmeric powder (otherwise you’re going to look like a minion :/). All the Indian stores sell good quality stuff but still always make sure!

Besan – this is gram flour, I’m not sure if you can get it at Woolworth's or Coles? But you can get this again at any Indian store, like 500g for a few dollars and that will last you a long time!
You can use milk or yogurt in this, I prefer milk but if you do want to use yogurt make sure it’s natural. No flavors (obviously), no fat free and whatever kind – Natural only! (works the best)

How to make it?
Step 1. Take a bowl and put 2-3 teaspoons of besan (gram flour) in it.
Step 2. Add 1-2 teaspoons of turmeric powder to the bowl.
Step 3. Add 1- 1 ½ teaspoons of milk or yogurt
Step 4. Mix mix mix!... and tadaaaaaaaaaa its ready!

You want it to be a creamy consistency, but honestly you can play around with how thick you want it. Off course don’t make it too watery otherwise it’s not going to stay on your face and then you might as well not do it!

Oh! Step 5. Apply it all over your face

I would recommend you leave it on for 10-15 mins, don’t wait till it dries out because it pulls your skin and that’s not good!

Also you can apply this all over your body… I’m not kidding! For real!
Have you guys seen a Bollywood movie with a wedding in it? Maybe you've seen it – the bride sits wearing a white dress and then all the women put this yellow stuff all over her?
Yup! It’s a very fun and important part of Indian weddings called ‘haldi’ – which literally means turmeric. That yellow stuff... you guessed right! It’s this mask. It’s meant to bring out the natural glow of the brides skin and it does work! So yeah… face, arms, legs… wherever you want it! This thing works!

Ohh Ohh one last thing about this… if you accidentally spill it in the sink or shower, get that stuff off their right away! Wet wipes work great, if not then you can put some nail paint remover on a tissue and use that.

Buttermilk/mango – this is great to get all those dark spots off!

What you will need: Yogurt, milk, ripe mango.

*Note* - Use natural yogurt for best results. Fresh mangoes aren't readily available here but when you can get them make sure to use ripe mangoes. You need to mash the flesh of the mango, its easy to mash it with the back of a spoon; makes it easy if the mango is really ripe and soft.

How to make it?
Step 1. Put 2 teaspoons of natural yogurt in a bowl.
Step 2. Add 2 teaspoons of freshly mashed mango flesh
Step 3. Add ½ teaspoon of milk
Step 4. Mix mix mix!

Don’t add too much milk because the yogurt and mango are already watery and you don’t want the whole thing to be watery! The texture needs to be creamy, like moisturizer – so you need to almost beat it like you would a egg.

Step 5. Apply it on your face and wash it off after 15-20 mins

   Lemon/Honey – super easy and quick! Naturally moisturizes your skin

What you will need: Lemon and honey

*Note* - you can use lime, lemon whatever you like doesn't really matter. As for the honey I use organic honey, it works best – but you can make this with whatever you have at home.

How to make it?
Step 1. Put 1 tablespoon of lemon/lime juice in a bowl
Step 2. Add 1 teaspoon of honey
Step 3. Mix well – till the lemon juice is completely blended in with the honey
Step 4. Apply to your face for 10-15 mins and wash with lukewarm water

Make sure you don’t use too much lemon, because it’s naturally acidic and if you have acne then it can sting a little. Maybe use more honey and leave it on for a shorter period of time.

Egg white face mask – this one is really good for people with oily skin and have acne. Works for anyone with acne as well.

What you need: Egg white, lemon and honey.

*Note* - I generally use organic eggs too but you can use any eggs you have available, it’s not really a big deal. Again lemon lime, whatever you prefer or what’s on hand right? Same with the honey!

How to make it?
Step 1: Add 1 egg white to a bowl
Step 2: Add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
Step 3: Add ½ teaspoon of honey
Step 4: Mix well! – This will take some time! Easiest way is to use a whisk or fork and beat it till it becomes frothy.
Step 5: Apply to you face for 10-15 mins (wait till this one completely dries) and gently wash off with lukewarm water.

That’s it! All the easy to make at home masks and I know you guys will love the results from these simple methods! Do try them and let me know your thoughts!

Ohh before I leave – I know this post was all about masks but 2 little things I want to share that will help as well! These are 2 homemade drinks (don’t judge them before you try them!). I used to hate them when I was forced by my mom to drink them every day but now it’s a part of my daily routine!

Ok so first one is lemon honey water – that explains it all right? Just add freshly squeezed lemon juice and a teaspoon of honey to warm water, mix it and drink! But wait… you need to have this drink first thing in the morning, before you eat anything else! (Not even water before it!). This kick starts your metabolic system, helps with weight loss and is great for your skin.
The second one is turmeric water (uh huh… that’s right) – just add a teaspoon of turmeric to warm water, mix it, hold your nose and gulp gulp gulp and then quickly drink another glass of water (or you’re going to throw up…. Nah just kidding with you!). I hate it but it’s really good for your skin. 

OkaY! This was a long one… that’s it for today – please try these out trust me you won’t reach for those expensive creams and lotions at the mall ever again!

Try them and let me know how you go?

Now I shall leave you with something to think about…. Hmm

“When you are truly comfortable in your own skin, not everyone will like you, but you won’t care about it one bit!”

Thanks for reading guys! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment