Saturday 17 January 2015

Bobbi Brown and Mac Lipstick Haul

Hello my lovelies!

I believe I am going just a little insane over lipsticks (I have about 25 now :O )
I got these a few weeks ago and I thought since I've started my little 'hauls' section why not chuck these in there too!

Ok, so today ladies I have some awesome products to show you guys!! I have been obssesing over MAC lipsticks and I now have 7 (YAY!) in my collection. I noticed though that most of my lipsticks are berry or pink colors I didn't really have anything neutral so I thought why not go check some out. 

So I went into MAC and was having a look around when I spotted these thick pencils on the Bobbi Brown counter; I went ahead and checked those out too and well, I didn't own any Bobbi Brown products. Well... why not start with an awesome red lipstick - it's actually called an art stick. 

Lets show you guys some pictures so you know what I'm talking about!


 This is the packaging of the Bobbi Brown Art Stick





 What I love about this is that it comes with the sharpener, which is great because these art sticks are pretty thick and I don't think it would be easy to buy a sharpener for these at some random store. Anyway, this is whats inside the little box! 





 Now what I love the most about this is that it is soooo creamy! It feels great on the skin - goes on absolutely smooth. You can use it as a lip liner or as a lipstick (I've used it as a lipstick and its looks gorgeous). It doesn't feel heavy or sticky on the lips and I found that it was a perfect red for me. 




Swatch on my hand - the color looks a bit funny in the photo but its a deep red, the shade is called Harlow Red 07. 

I just got this one randomly but I am seriously in love with this color and I can't wait to go back and get some more shades in these Art Sticks! Unfortunately though a little bit expensive :( - This was $44 - which is lot more than the MAC lipsticks.

Ok so yeah! I got 2 MAC lipsticks too...


Now that I look at these, the colors don't really look that different do they... hmmm?
But I have fairly dark lips and both these colors show up very differently on my lips.


The one of the left in the above pic is the Mocha - I believe this is matte lipstick (I'm not 100% sure sorry!). I am a fan of MAC lipsticks, they are great. The color is pigmented and what I really like about these is that you can build it up - so you can wear it as light or as heavy as you want and it looks great for skin tone!

Swatch on my hand - does look matte doesn't it? Its not really a nude but looks nude on me and I like it, you know sometimes you just want to put something neutral on and with dark skin (specially my Indian tone) I find the nude lipsticks completely wash out my face but these two look good! 


This is Creme in your Coffee - its a cremesheen lipstick. I don't have many cremesheen lipsticks from MAC but I really enjoy this one. It really suits me and gives me that 'my lip but better' look. And again, you can build it up as much as you want on your lips it looks and feels good.




Swatch of the 'Creme in your coffee' - this one I find had a slight berry touch to it, still comes up as a neutral color on my lips if i put it on lightly but I can build it up and it gives me a vibrant look. 

I really enjoy all three of these colors, specially the Harlow Red! I keep looking for excuses to wear it whenever I can, and works really well with my work look because I have to wear everything black and this pop of red on my lip just makes me feel AWESOME!

I love Mocha for a nude look - I think this is one of MAC's great lipsticks for darker skined girls because it doesn't wash you out and give your lip that natural look. The only think that I don't like is the shine in the 'creme in your coffee' - I know its a cremesheen lipstick it is going to have the shine and I guess Im more of a matte lip person so this one is a bit of change for me but I still enjoy it.

Well ladies, hope you had a great time reading! Go out and check these shades out and many more both with Bobbi Brown and MAC - Don't forget to 'Try it before you buy it!'

Love 
Danni
Xx

7 comments:

  1. I am on the lookout for some good lipsticks.. looks like you'd be the girl to talk to about them, hehe!

    Anyhoo, I found you through a fellow blogger and thought I would just stop by and say hello! It would totally make my day if you did the same... or better yet, keep in touch! <3 - www.domesticgeekgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! thanks so much for stopping by and saying hello and certainly would love to help you out! :)
      And yeah definitely keep in touch hon - will check out your blog now

      Delete
    2. LOL, I'm seriously going to pick your brain for fashion and make-up info!! ^_^ Fooooor instance.. I am going shopping today to find an outfit for my maternity photo shoot.. it's going to be in a big yellow / grey field.. what colors should I look for? And styles? What are your thoughts? I've been trolling pinterest for "field maternity photos" for inspiration, lol!! - www.domesticgeekgirl.com

      Delete
    3. Ohhh gingi! You have so many options - I think you should go for bright colors and maybe also a simple white/creme frilly dress! I think that would give you some amazing pics! Considering you have a yellow/grey field I think stick to minimal makeup (let that natural glow work magic for you!).
      I personally prefer maternity pics in dresses, for some reason I feel it gives such an elegant look compared to wearing jeans and stuff but whatever makes you feel comfortable is the best!
      let me know how you go with your shopping trip! and good luck!!

      Delete
  2. thank you :)
    Surely will follow you right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love MAC products ;)

    http://butterfly9999.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Bobbi Brown art stuck sounds lovely, I really love the shade as well!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete