Sunday 30 November 2014

5 Basic skin types



Hello guys!
So sorry I haven't posted for a while now - had exams and work and just running around trying to get things done! Finally got some time to myself

so skin types? how many of us have had trouble with this specially when you go to buy some makeup and they ask you what your skin type is? - half the time im just like ummm uhhh well... i dont know! it's difficult to explain because sometimes its dry sometimes its oily and sometimes its both!
But it is so important to know your skin type in order to take the right decision about your products and skin care method. off course we have no say in these matters as we are born with it but after a certain time it really depends on how well you take care of your skin and diet. I read somewhere... "after 30 a woman looks the way she deserves!" how true is that?

The 5 basic types of skin im sure we all have hear about are:

1. Normal 
2. Oily
3. Sensitive
4. Combination 
5. Dry

It looks easy enough but how do you determine what skin type is yours?
Initially I thought my skin was dry, then oily then sensitive - I had no clue what I was doing! But then again my skin is so weird, like in the morning it will be dry and throughout the day it becomes oily and then by the end of the day I just cant wait to get home and get it off my face! How do you determine what type skin is that then? I read a lot of beauty blogs and websites to help me find an answer and then on some random blog I read about using just a tissue and I tried it! must say simple, easy and best way to find out what skin type you are - so i'm going to share it with you!

Normal Skin - first thing in the morning, take a clean facial tissue and wipe your face gently. If there are no traces of oil or redness on the face then safe to say your skin type is normal. Your skin should feel vibrant and supple - generally people who look after their diet and excercise well are blessed with normal skin as it is the easiest to look after!

Oily skin - If your tissue has traces of oil... dun dun dunnnnn you have oily skin!
but I can guarantee you it wont be all over the face, you may find it more oily on you T-zone or cheeks or chin or forehead. Oily skin has a lot of issues, looks greasy, shiny, enlarged pores and unfortunately is acne prone. On a positive note though oily skin will not age and wrinkle quickly and obviously there are so many great products out there that you can use to help control the oil.

Sensitive Skin - Don't need a tissue for this one... I think people who have sensitive skin already know because its a fussy skin type! usually has red patches on the face, dry and sometimes flaky too and can get irritated very easily. I know people with sensitive skin have to be sooooooo careful about what they put on their face and also what they eat because it affects the skin right away! sensitive skin is the most problematic and fragile type of skin. 

Combination - this type is a combination of oily and dry. this is my skin type! So if I wipe my face with a tissue It will be completely dry where ive wiped my cheeks but my entire T-Zone is an oily mess!  This is a little tricky to maintain because the dry areas need rich creams which can give good moisture and the oily areas need oil control and cleansing.

Dry Skin - when you use the tissue it will be clean but your skin will feel flaky (like when your sunburnt) dry and tight. You would have fine pores and your skin is more likely to wrinkle easily. Dry skin shows sings or irritation and aging a lot quicker than the other skin types but as anything good care of your skin and a healthy diet should help maintain it.



So there we go! I hope it helps you guys :)

Oh I should mention, if you haven't heard or tried then I will 101% recommend checking out the website at least! - http://www.paulaschoice.com.au
The products are amazing and they cater to every single skin type! Also there is a ton of information on skin care, products and even makeup. If you have time then for sure just have a read through some of those articles they are very informative and trust me you'll be happy you had a look!

OK! so I think I'm done for the day :) I will be posting more frequently now that I don't have to worry much about studies! I've just started working at Kikki K (Its a awesome stationery store!) and I am loving those products... I feel like i'm going to end up buying the whole store for myself lol! I might just throw in a post about some of the christmas goodies I've got that i'm so excited about.

Anyway cya later! Hope everyone is enjoying the christmas season and getting all their shopping done! :)

Danni
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment