Thursday 15 January 2015

5 Most common face shapes

Hello my lovelies! 
Damn! It has been a loooong time since I've posted anything but with the start of the year one of my resolutions is to do a post each week (or more if possible!).
Well, I have a lot of things planned, lots of posts to come and some very informative and helpful hints, tips and tricks to come I promise :)

I just got a haircut today and while I was telling the hairdresser what I wanted she made a lot of references to what my face shape is and what hair style would suit it and all that and I was thinking well off course that applies to makeup too! because when it comes down to highlighting and contouring face shapes are sooooo important!
So well why not start with the 5 most common face shapes!
As I was doing my research (I do that a lot seriously!) I came across an article that suggests that scientists have discovered 9 distinct face shapes! really? I have a hard time distinguishing between the 5 at times! But anyway I've only come across the 5 so I'm just going to be talking about those! 

I'm going to start of with the most easiest shape to identify and work with! This is said to be a stylist's dream! 


How do you know you have a oval face shape? 
  • Your forehead is wider than your chin
  • You have prominent cheekbones (slightly wide) ; and
  • You have a nice rounded chin (not to wide and too narrow either)



The next face shape is triangle! People with triangular face shape generally look youthful and younger than their age (who doesn't want that right?)

How do you know you have a triangle face shape?
  • You have a wide forehead that follows down to a sharp narrow chin
  • Your face narrows down from your cheekbones; and
  • You could have a 'inverted triangle' face shape - that just means that your jaw line is wider and your face structure follow up towards a narrow forehead

Round face! Cute baby face as it is known - and I believe very common (this is my face shape!) This one obviously isn't too hard to figure out but...

How do you know you have a round face shape?
  • You have a full and rounded jawline
  • Your facial structure has soft curves rather than hard angles
  • Width and Length appear to be the same


This is a sexy face shape! think Angelina Jolie girl! - its a beautifully sculpted face shape and adds so much drama and definition to your face.

How do you know you have a square face shape?
  • Your forehead and chin are similar in size (symmetrical)
  • Square and angular jawline
  • Cheekbones lie in line with forehead and chin too

And our final shape is heart shape! How pretty does it look? I absolutely love it, just seems to give a lovely feminine touch to the face.

How do you know you have a heart face shape?
  • Prominent widow's peak (bit of a giveaway hey?)
  • Sharp narrow chin; and
  • wide forehead
I hope this makes is easier for you to determine your face shape. It's not always as easy and obvious to find out what shape you are, sometimes the features are prominent and sometimes they seem to go either way - but always remember its all about you feeling comfortable in your skin! 

Bye bye for now and I will be back soon with a lot more helpful posts for you guys!
Have a lovely day/night?

Love
Danni xx

No comments:

Post a Comment