Friday 16 January 2015

Why do YOU want to travel?


As a child I was an avid reader - I used to borrow books from the library every couple of days and like billions of kids worldwide I discovered the magical and enchanting world of Harry Potter.
I grew up reading the adventures of Harry, Ron and Hermoine - I didn't realize when I fell in love with that magical world and then and there I had decided - 

"One day I'm going to London and live there!" 

I had always loved travelling, discovering new places, new cultures, different languages and more than anything getting to know new people and their stories. I always knew I wanted to travel and experience this life as much as I can.

I got my chance in my 2nd year at uni - without thinking much (after convincing my parents for a year!) I applied for exchange at uni and put down a University in New York as my preference. In the following month my application was processed and everything was going well - but as it always happens, last minute I found out that the uni does not offer units for the course that I'm studying so I had to pick another university.
By that time applications for 90% of the universities had finished - and I had only one option Hertfordshire University, Hatfield UK!

As soon as I looked it up all i thought was - 'This is destiny! this was meant to happen' 

Travelling is such an amazing experience, its one of those things you have to do in your life - there are no words to explain the feeling of accomplishment and pride you get! 
Anyone who is considering an exchange, or just has been thinking of travelling to a different country - to you my friend, you are a step away from a life changing experience! 

Do it! Do it! DO IT! 


When I was begging my parents to let me do this exchange, I kept getting asked this question - "Why do you want to travel?"
Initially I could never give my parents a satisfactory answer, and one day I sat and really thought about what is it that really attracts me and makes me want to travel?

"I want to make memories all over the world, I want to meet people from different walks of life, I want to talk to them and know their stories, I want to explore these beautiful cities and countries for myself... hoping that while im doing this I discover myself!" 

So today I leave you with a question


 "Why do YOU want to travel?" 

No comments:

Post a Comment